Drive Electric Earth Month
Apr 13, 2019
|Saturday, April 13, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.
|12:00 - 3:00 pm
|Main and New Street
Main and New Street
Metuchen, NJ 08840
In conjunction with Metuchen's Downtown Alliance, to think global and act local as Downtown Goes Green!
Come talk with Local Electric Vehicle Owners as part of Drive Electric Earth Day to learn about the easiest way to reduce your carbon footprint all while improving your driving experience. There will be owners of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) to answer your questions and share their experiences.Also, come and experience these other great attractions going on at the same time:
- Kick off the day with the Town Wide Garage Sale - a great way to reduce, reuse and recycle!
- When you're done shopping throughout Metuchen stop by Downtown from 12pm to 3pm for music, specials and most importantly, learn about all the ways you can think global by acting local!
- Learn about all the easy ways you can help the planet with our friends from the Metuchen Environmental Commission
- Stay awhile and ditch the disposable cups at your favorite coffee place with the Metuchen Environmental Commission
- Reduce, reuse, recycle your books with a fun book exchange with Friends of the Metuchen Library
- Make a donation to the FPC Food Pantry & take a ride on our blender bike as Metuchen Moves for Hunger with Big G Movers, INC.
- Learn all about Lime Bikes with our friends from Metuchen Traffic and Transportation Committee
- Say goodbye to plastic straws as participating businesses go green with biodegradable straws
- Donate your old mascara brushes at the Metuchen Downtown Alliance table as we support the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge (old mascara wands are used to remove fly eggs and larva from the fur of wild animals. They work great because the bristles are close together.)
- Sign up to adopt a planter to keep our Downtown looking green and beautiful year round
- Enjoy special vegetarian and vegan options at participating restaurants (did you know that eating less meat is great for your health AND the environment?!?)
There are currently 14 attendees registered.