Drive Electric Earth Month
EV's at Sacramento Earth Day
Apr 23, 2023
|Sunday, April 23, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.
|11:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT
8th Street and U Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
SacEV appreciates the valuable support from:
- Environmental Council of Sacramento as the terrific host and promoter of the event
- Sacramento Clean Cities who provided not only experts about ev incentives and fleet opportunities, but fed lunch to our volunteers.
- Sacramento Public Library who brought and opened up an electric Bookmobile
- Phil Haupt Electric who brough examples of electric work trucks but shared EV charging information with attendees
- CleanStart who provided updates on community careers related to EVs0
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District for being a terrific electric utility
More information to follow
photo by: Mark Williams
This was the truck/SUV corner of our display with the VW ID.4, Rivian R1T (an R1S was available on the street behind the photographer), Ford 150 Lightning, Volvo XC40, and Hyundai Ioniq 5.
There are 72,000 EVs in the Sacramento region. Here's the gathering of EV families and experts.
If you are EV Curious, this is the EVent for you. Check out 20 different EVs and e-motorcycles and talk with their owners to find out about the electric driving experience. This is the first year we will show electric pickups. Not only are EVs a kick to drive, but you'll discover how they are charged at home or on the road and the savings resulting from lower fuel and maintenance costs. Then, ride along with an EV owner to experience electric driving first hand.
If you are an EV owner, register with your EV so you can share your family's electric driving experience.
This is a full size earth day event. In addition to the electric cars, you'll find local art and a variety of fun activities to enjoy for the whole family, including live music, interactive educational games and a children’s area. The Environmental Council of Sacramento (ECOS) will host several food vendors serving a range of plant-based (vegan) cuisine options.
There are currently 111 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Ford Mustang Mach-E
|Ford Transit Connect Electric
|Hyundai Ioniq 5
|Tesla Model 3
|Tesla Model Y
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid
|Ford F-150 Lightning
|Ford Fusion Energi
|Hyundai KONA Electric
|Kia Soul EV
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)
|Other Plug-In Vehicle
|Tesla Model S
|Tesla Model X
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD/AWD
Registered attendees report 1,077,624 electric miles driven.